Friday, March 30, 2007

Rest Home Patient Critical Burned

A patient at the Oasis Rest Home in Four Oaks remains in critical condition Tuesday at the UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill after accidentally setting himself on fire. David Medlin was in a smoking area at the facility when employees heard a commotion. They found the 61-year-old wheelchair bound man on fire from the waist up. A worker extinguished the fire but not before Medlin was badly burned. Officials suspect Medlin may have mistakenly placed a lit cigarette in his pocket. The Johnston County Sheriff’s Office and Department of Social Services are investigating.


Post a Comment

<< Home