Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fire Destroys Kenly Apartment

A smoke detector alerted a Kenly man to an electrical fire in his apartment Sunday afternoon. Cassie Hinnant wasn’t injured but his apartment in the Kenly Village Apartments, off West First Street , was a complete loss. The five alarm fire summoned crews from Kenly, Micro, Bethany , Crossroads, and Polly Watson. Kenly Fire Chief Paul Whitehurst said the fire was contained to Hinnant’s apartment. Although Hinnant lost most of his belongings, Veronica Williams, the site manager for the complex, said Hinnant will be able to immediately move into a vacant apartment unit. The fire apparently started at an electrical outlet in a bedroom and quickly spread, Chief Whitehurst told WMPM. No injuries were reported.


Post a Comment

<< Home